Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

Wild eyes!

Image result for Kereru
Day 3 ___Activity 1:
The animal/critter I chose was the kereru, which is a New Zealand endemic (native) wood pigeon. It feeds on fruit, leaves, twigs and buds. The Kereru is only found in New Zealand since it is native, surrounded in forests of Northland, the King Country, Nelson and the West Coast.

Activity 2:
I agree with this statement of predator free in New Zealand as they can reach out to our endangered native species and create much more extinction.

  • Another reason is because our native animals are very important to New Zealand as they are endemic and prominent to our land. However, we will not let those predators harm our inhabitants. 



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic work Kayla, I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Orana Kayla,

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme. My name is Jacinta and I am so excited to be blogging with you.

    I am so proud of the effort you put into completing your work for Day 2 activities 1 and 2. You have given good reasons to why our Native animals are very important to New Zealand. I agree with Mrs Dine, this is fantastic work.

    Kayla, I just wanted to know did you get a chance to complete the bonus activity? Or perhaps you uploaded it to the Wild eyes website? I would love to read more of your interesting facts so that we can allocate you with some bonus points.

    Keep up the great work. I'm so proud of you.

    Best wishes,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.