Pages

Friday 5 May 2017

Science at Tech!

It was the first day of tech in Term 2. As we had arrived at Pakuranga Intermediate I was shocked yet excited at the same time that the year 8’s were participating in science.Screenshot 2017-05-04 at 13.42.44.png

I partnered up with Cheska. Launoa and Philomena positioned themselves beside us. Our task today was to measure 100mls of cold water into a  beaker then to add some detergent. We had been given a straw for each pair to blow to formulate bubbles and observe. As I blew with all my strength, the bubbles evaporated amongst the beaker and over flowed almost touching the tip of the table.  Moving onwards after morning break, we received a magnifying glass to discover all the hidden facts behind blowing a bubble. I had leered to my right as Cheska investigated how to place a pencil into the extensive bubble. I was amazed, as I repeated the same process that Cheska had done.  It was an excellent and exciting learning opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. HI Kayla

    I can't even start to image how cool it would be to make bubbles.I really enjoyed reading your blog post,you put a lot of information in about your day, it gave me clear picture in my head of what you did. Next time I think you could add more pictures, for example making a step by step diagram of what do did. I also really science expect I go to science at John Paul high school but I have never done this experiment though. Keep up the great work.

    - Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla

    Its Meesha from Saint Patrick's school In Greymouth. I love bubbles and I LOVE when sometimes you can see a rainbow reflection in it. Next time you could add more pictures to, or make a step by step plan with pictures of what you did like when you use the straw to make the bubbles.

    blog you later.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.