Pages

Thursday 13 July 2017

Native Aotearoa!

Day 6____ Activity 1:
Poem about New Zealand - 

Image result for new zealand
  • The green lovely bushes and trees I see, with everyone smiling and greetings to me. Heart beating vigorously, nose touching that I can't agree. Sun shining up upon and the wonderful birds  chirping I can add on. Ocean swifting forward, I can't wait to live here and discover the unheard.

Activity 2:
Three events I have chosen from the article - 

  • One of the events I enjoyed was the Kaumatua kapa haka, it was really enjoyable to watch and very upbeat. 
  • The next activity I enjoyed was the Matariki ritual where the local people around Aotearoa shared stories, celebrated life and  remembered those who had passed away in the last year. 
  • Last of all I have the Matauranga Maori knowledge panel discussion where Maori and non Maori participator are discussing and understanding the difference of how the world has evolved in different cultures. 
Bonus activity:
  1. Rugby World Cup 2011 - All Blacks vs France
  2. World Cup 2015 - All Blacks vs Argentina
  3. All Blacks vs South Africa 2016

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Kayla,
    My name is Lusia and i'm a year 8 student from St Pius X Catholic School.
    I totally agree with you that all blacks vs France is a top one for me too!
    Keep it up!

    Regards,
    Lusia XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Kayla,

    I really enjoyed reading your poem. You shared emotions that we often feel when we arrive to a New place or country that we have never been before. Have you ever been to the Matariki Festival before? I'm so convinced that there are cool events and activities to see and do from reading your summary. I'm planning to take my daughter Shonny there for visit one day. Thank you for giving some useful information about the 3 events you selected. I hope I will have the time to see all 3. I can't wait.

    Fantastic work Kayla!

    Kia Kaha,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Kayla,My name is Neve,I loved your poem that you wrote,you told lots of featers of New Zealand but maybe next time you could keep the rhyming going because at the end it started to stop but other than that it really good:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate the effort of your comment.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.