Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

100% pure New Zealand!

Activity 1:
3 interesting facts  about New Zealand -

  • I have analysed this article and I have discovered that us New Zealanders are responsible for inventing one of the world's fastest motorbike, including freezer vacuum pumps and even the electronic petrol pump.
  • This isn't part of the topic I have been identifying, however I have recognised that whilst is meaning to while in this article.

  • It is interesting that there are about 4.4million new zealanders (informally known as kiwis) located in Aotearoa. 

Activity 2:
My favourite five activities related to this video - 
  • In Auckland it includes plenty of culture if you visit the Auckland War Memorial museum which includes natural and military history. 
  • Involving the wonderful major attractions containing bungy jumping and even observing the wonderful living sea creatures located around Auckland's wonderful city region. 
  • Walking around a magnificent view of mission bay and enjoy an inner city beach to spend with the family or friends.
  • If you love seafood then quickly head across the bay to nearby Devonport which serves a marvelous amount of seafood that will knock your socks off. 
  • Travel close to the native rainforest of the Waitakere rainforest to disport a tree top walk to enjoy with the family involving more of New Zealand's unique regional forest plants and trees. 

Bonus activity:
The reason of this design is because the fern is the only icon I can recall of the New Zealand culture. Also the red and white stars represent the original New Zealand flag as it involves four stars. 


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Kayla and welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme. I am so happy that you have joined us this year. Welcome!!

    I really enjoyed reading your blog post for Day #1 of the journey. You have clearly read the instructions for each activity and thought carefully about your answers. Like you, some of my favourite activities to do in Auckland involve going to the museum, walking around the city and the Mission Bay area and exploring the native rainforest in the Waitakere area. I actually live on the west side of Auckland and often go for walks in the Waitakere ranges. The bush is so beautiful and rugged. Aronui, my son, loves to come with me on the walks and we often stop off at Piha beach and/or Karekare beach for a swim.

    I hope that you have the chance to visit the west coast of Auckland one day. It is well worth the trip :)

    In the meantime, I hope that you enjoy touring around New Zealand as part of the Winter Learning Journey programme. I am really looking forward to blogging with you!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.