Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Oh mum, can I play the guitar please?

On Saturday the 20th of of June I had guitar lessons. My alarm went off at 8am and my ears were about to explode. Then I opened al the curtains in the house  and had breakfast with my mum and grandma. After I ate, my mum dropped me of at my guitar lessons. However I had to cross the road and the cars were going as fast as cheetahs having a race.
Image result for people playing guitar cartoon
            Before long, I made it to guitar class (finally). When I went in, to my teacher and said, "Hi" and my teacher said, "Good morning" back to me. Then I sat down and my teacher told all of us to play the high A,B,C,D,E,F,G and then the low A,B,C,D,E,F,G. I felt nervous like a kid going on stage who was about to sing.. After that, I played the Yankee doodle song and then I taught other people how to play it as well because I had master it.
          After wards we practised the A,B,C,D,C,F and G again and again so we'd remember it. Then we had to do it backwards and forward twice. After that we did that we had a competition to try and beat our teacher in a A,B and c contest. When it was my turn , I nailed it and I beat him because I had one mistake. Then Maggie ( my partner) taught me the Yankee doodle song in a different note. So I practised it again and again.
           Before the end of class, my teacher taught me all the notes and if I learn it all all the notes before this other student I win.I also learnt the E Alarmonica minor scale which was A,B,C,D,E,F and G,B. When I began playing the notes, I got confused but then I got it and wrote it and packed in my guitar and said, "Bye!" to everyone.
            Today was  fun because I got to learn new chords and songs.
We are learning to understand and use descriptive language.
I know this when I use similes and adjectives in my writing.
         

1 comment:

  1. Talofa Kayla,
    I like the similes and the adjectives in your writing. I also like the awesome picture that you have chosen because it is related to your writing. How long have you been learning how to play guitar?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.