Pages

Sunday 30 August 2015

Mum, can I go to the Otahuhu pools again?

Image result for Otahuhu poolsOn a shiny beautiful, shiny and wonderful day, I went to Otahuhu pools. First, I went to go and get changed first because my mum, grandma and I went to shop for groceries before we went to the pools. Around 9 am, we all hopped into the car and went to Sylvia park. First we went to Pak'nSave where my mum bought some toilet paper, soap fro the bathroom and some cookies for me to take as snacks for school.
        Then we all had breakfast at McDonald's. My grandma ordered the kiwi big breakfast and my mum ordered a hunger buster meal. I also ordered the kiwi big breakfast and a hot chocolate. After I started eating, I felt like I was in heaven because it was the best breakfast ever. Straight after we had breakfast, we went home to get ready for the pools, but first I had to wake up my cousin Nese up so he could pack for the pools.
        Before long, we all went in the car to go and explore Otahuhu pools. When we got there, it was like I was in a museum because it was the biggest pool I have ever seen. Next to the pools was a library and a cafe. There were different water features on the inside. Then, my cousin and I went on the slide. It was like sliding on a giraffe's neck because it was tall and long. After I went on the slide I saw this hidden spa but sadly it was taken by a lot of children. Then, I  saw another pool but I couldn't go in it either because it was too deep.
        Later on, I saw another water feature and there were buckets of water hanging and when it turns the water falls on your head. All you had to do for the buckets of water to fall on your head was to swing a handle twice and a random bucket will fall on you. After that, I went on the slide again and I saw another pool and my cousin was in it. It was called a bombing pool where you had to jump of a high surface into the water. Sadly, before long we had to go so we showered in these awesome showers that went automatically and went home.
       Today was like the best day ever because I went to Otahuhu pool and I went on terrific slides and pools, but my favourite part of the day was spending time with my family.

We are learning to use and understand descriptive language in my recount.
I know this when I use appropriate similes and adjectives in my recount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.