Pages

Thursday 9 March 2017

Learn how to make nachos!

Image result for nachosThe day had began with everyone rushing into the bus, on our way to Pakuranga Intermediate. Once we arrived, the year 7’s and 8’s were separated to cooking and science class. This week the year 8’s were making low cost meals. My partner and I planned to make nachos and coleslaw. Each person needed to prepare one meal so I decided to make the nachos.

The first step we did, was to get out our equipment out and grab our ingredients. Here is the recipe you’ll be needing to make nachos:
  • Corn chips
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • Mince
  • Grated cheese (any)
  • Half grated onion
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • Salt/pepper
  • Sour cream

Method: Nachos
  1. Place stove element halfway.
  2. In a medium pot, pour the oil and place on the stove element.
  3. When oil is smooth and runny, place on pot stand and pour mince inside.
  4. Mash the mince with a fork, until all separated.
  5. Place pot back onto the stove and leave it for 2 minutes, while stirring.
  6. After 2 minutes, place the pot back onto the pot stand and pour your salt, pepper and tomato paste inside.
  7. Put your pot back onto the stove and wait for 5-10 minutes until brown.
  8. When ready, sprinkle cheese on top, add sour cream and corn chips.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora my name is Angelina and I go to Grey Main School. I love nachos so this is a good thing so I can lean how to make nachos. I also like how you have told us how long to cook them for. They look so good that I want to eat them. I like that you said enjoy. Now I can make nachos at home.YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora, Its Alyssa here from Grey Main School.I love nachos?
    I've been wondering how to make nachos for quite along time.
    your low cost meal looks amazing. I never new you would have oil in nachos. do you think you would put the cheese in the oven two.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.