Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2015

What did you do on your Easter holiday?

On Easter I woke up with joy because the weather outside was nice and breezy. I felt like there was butterflies in my stomach because I was going to see my family that I haven't seen for a long time.I woke up my parents and got ready. After we got ready we cleaned the house and set the table.
        When it was nearly two o'clock my whole family arrived from Wellington. They came to celebrate Easter with us. When they all arrived, I was happy like a monkey. Everyone brought food they were salads and food for the Barbeque. Once the whole family had gathered in the living room. We said a prayer before we ate. After the prayer, we all began to eat. I ate some chicken,potato salad and a sausage. After I had some food I played soccer on the field with my cousins. My team won because we all together.
          After we played a couple of games, we had dessert. Dessert was vanilla ice cream with chocolate cake. When all of my cousins and I finished eating.We played hand games. Then we played card games like snap,smash and last card games, we told each other riddles and jokes.
       After we played the games and told some jokes, my uncle came and he gave everyone lolly pops. I had a chocolate flavoured one. Then because it was getting late my mum gave us a Easter egg hunt to do. I found three eggs and my cousins found lots of Easter eggs. When it was close to 7 o'clock, everyone said "Goodbye" and headed home. The time was really fast like a racing car.
This Easter was amazing because I got to spend time with my family.
WALT understand and identify descriptive language.
I know this when I use adjectives and similes in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.